Funding: Science and Society Community Challenge Grant Scheme
As a result of a review of the BIS Science and Society programme, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) has launched a new grants funding programme.
The new grants programme will support individuals and organisations to create pilot projects to:
- Reach audiences of all ages and from all walks of life that are currently under-served by existing activities and inform, inspire and involve them in science.
- Investigate and test new methods of engagement and participation.
The scheme is open to a wide range of applicants, including:
- Scientists and researchers
- Facilitators and practitioners of science communication
- Science centre or museum staff
- Educators, schools, colleges and universities
- Film makers
- Theatre producers
- Games developers
- Public participation practitioners
- Civil society organisations
- Community groups, Guides or Scouts, youth clubs
BIS has allocated up to £500,000 to this scheme during the financial year 2014 to 2015, and is expecting to fund between 20 and 25 projects. This will be the only call for this financial year.
There will be three levels of project funding:
- Up to £10,000
- Up to £20,000
- Up to £40,000.
The closing date for applications is 16 May 2014.
Successful applicants will be notified by 27 June 2014.
How do I find out more?
To find out more about this grant scheme, please visit the BIS website here.
Click here for links to the relevant website/scheme guidelines and GRANTfinder report