Take some time to review your audience engagement. Who have you been connecting with during lockdown? Who has slipped through the net? Which new audiences would you like to engage? This workshop will help you think through how you are engaging your audiences, volunteers and community and identify new ways to build relationships with them both in the shorter term and longer term. It will include research and tools to help you consider and plan how your audience strategy needs to evolve going forward.
What will participants gain?
- An opportunity to reflect on how the pandemic has impacted their audiences and their approach to engaging audiences
- A framework to use when reviewing changes and planning for the future
- Ideas and inspiration for how to communicate with and engage their audiences to build relationships
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at individuals who have some experience on marketing and audience development at their museum and will be aimed beyond an introductory level. It is for staff and volunteers of East Midlands museums.
Please be prepared to attend the session with:
- Your organisation’s mission / vision / purpose and any core organisational or business objectives that audience development needs to support
- An understanding of who their museum’s audiences and target audiences are (you won’t be asked to share this).
Christina Lister is a marketing and audience development consultant and facilitator working with museums, heritage sites and cultural organisations. She has 18 years’ experience in marketing and communication working as a consultant and in agency and in-house positions. Christina empowers organisations to develop and execute marketing that connects to audiences with purpose and impact by delivering training, facilitating workshops and developing strategy. Her client experience spans larger organisations such as the Science Museum Group and Museum of London; sector support organisations and museum development organisations such as AIM, SHARE Museums East and South East Museum Development Programme; as well as a range of independent and smaller organisations including Jane Austen’s House, the Museum of Cambridge, American Library, de Havilland Aircraft Museum, the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL), Stratford Circus Arts Centre and Norwich Historic Churches Trust.
To book your place, please click register.