Nottingham Castle would like to offer other organisations spaces on their upcoming RoSPA Playsafety training course. The training day will be covid safe and does not include lunch; tea/coffee will be provided.
The event will be on the Wednesday 26th May 2021. We would like to offer places to similar organisations on per cost basis and have places available at a rate of £190 per person plus VAT. If you are interested in booking a place for any of your staff please contact me asap as we have limited spaces.
This course is aimed at those who are responsible for the routine (daily/weekly) inspections.
Such inspections are mainly visual and offer you the opportunity to check for issues arising
from day to day wear and tear, weather and vandalism. A RoSPA Certificate of Training will be given to all participants who complete the course.
The course will cover:
- Child development
- The Importance of Play
- Accidents, their type, frequency and severity
- Legal, the appropriate Acts of Parliament and how they may affect the operator and directly the inspector.
- EN1176 Part 7 and other relevant sections of EN1176
- Documentation, reporting and importance of record keeping
- A logical and systematic approach to inspecting including risk assessment
- Inspection of approaches to playground including signs, traffic, road barriers etc.
- Inspection of the immediate playground surroundings, vegetation, fences, gates etc.
- Inspection of the active playground area within the fenced surround, seats, litter bins, vegetation, lighting, other furniture and non play items
- Inspection of specific play equipment or play features including surfacing
- Common faults on popular items
- Practical site inspection
For more information or to book your place, please contact Ted Hemsley.