Jobs: Independent Museums Coordinator – A Century of Stories Project – Leicestershire
Request for Quotation for the role of Independent Museums Coordinator for the A Century of Stories Project.
Leicestershire County Council is seeking to engage a coordinator on a fee paid basis to liaise with independent museums across Leicestershire to identify opportunities for engagement with the HLF-funded Century of Stories project between November 2014 and March 2015.
Background in brief
Leicestershire County Council (LCC) Adults and Communities Service has received a grant from Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to delivery A Century of Stories World War 1 project. One of project activities includes development of relationships and opportunities with the independent museums network across the county.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to:
- Familiarise the independent museums community (including county Heritage Forum) in Leicestershire with the project and related opportunities.
- Help recruit research buddies and history café volunteers from independent museums sector
- Identify potential independent museum venues for pop up exhibitions
- Champion A Century of Stories website to independent museums sector
- Identify relevant resources held at independent museums
- Be an advocate for the project
- Support History Café facilitation
- Identify opportunities for independent museums to work together to share/ promote WW1 commemorative activity/ resources alongside this project.
Contract length: This contract for delivery of this project will be from November 2014 to 31st March 2015.
Closing date for submissions is 12 noon on Thursday 16 October 2014.
Find out more
For further information about the role, including details of outputs required, how to make a request for quotation and making an application, please contact Claire Browne by emailing email@example.com or calling 0116 305 7796 / 07973 800 072.