Jobs: Board Chair – MACE
MACE is currently seeking a Board Chair – a dynamic individual to lead MACE to the next level in their development as a significant part of the regions’ cultural landscape.
Established in 2000, MACE is now recognised and respected as the Midlands’ specialist public archive service for moving images. We have developed an enviable reputation for innovation and accessibility and are widely regarded as a model of good practice particularly in our attitude to partnership and our approach to income generation.
MACE work closely with the BFI National Archive and with colleague specialist archives in the nations and regions to develop nationwide opportunities for screen heritage and ensure that professional standards are developed and maintained.
Despite MACE’s resilience and its history of careful and steady development, the cycle of insufficient year-on-year funding precludes our ability to plan in the medium term and constantly undermines the core foundation on which all our activity is built. Development of sufficient sustainable and stable income to support and grow the organisation is the principal challenge now facing MACE.
We are looking for a Chair:
- who recognises the inherent importance and value of MACE’s work and is excited by the prospect of further developing and realising that potential.
- to lead the board and the CEO on the organisation’s vision for future development and to motivate the board and team delivering the strategy to achieve it.
- who can work with the CEO and the board to develop strategies for addressing the challenging funding environment.
- who has a successful track record in driving organisational development and who has a background in, or can demonstrate an empathy with, the cultural/heritage/media sectors.
- who is prepared enthusiastically to commit to the role for a term of 4 years (renewable).
How do I find out more?
To read more about MACE visit www.macearchive.org
To download the Board Chair Specification here.
How do I apply?
Interested parties should write detailing their experience and outlining why they would like to undertake this role to:
Media Archive for Central England
University of Lincoln
Brayford Pool, Lincoln LN6 7TS
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is: Friday 6 Dec 2013, midday