Find out about the grants and free training available to strengthen learning in museums and at heritage sites in the East Midlands.
17 January 2018, 10.00 -15.00 at Belton House NT, Lincolnshire
The Sandford Cascade scheme is a project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund East Midlands to support staff and volunteers working in museums, galleries, churches, heritage sites and historic houses to create inspiring formal and informal learning sessions and activities.
Come to this free event to find out more about the Sandford Cascade scheme, grants of £1000 for educational resources, and our best practice and skill sharing workshops led by *Sandford Award winning learning teams.
*The Sandford Award is a prestigious quality mark which recognises high quality in heritage education.
- Find out how to apply for a grant and the educational resources it can fund – for example children’s role play costumes – plus our programme of training events covering topics such as marketing to schools
- Meet Sandford Cascade participants who have benefited from the scheme
- Discover best practice tips for successful school visits from Melissa Maynard, Learning Manager at Belton House
- Network with other East Midlands museums and heritage sites
Testimonials from our participants
‘A fantastic opportunity to network and speak to other organisations.’
‘I think that just having some support to make sure that the learning offer we set up is of a high quality will be really great!’
‘The grant we received has pushed forward the installation of Wi-Fi, enabled the purchase of a HD video camera and sent a volunteer to a two-day conference on the use of digital engagement within the heritage sector.’
Book by 10 January to secure a place – contact Jayne Ellis mailto:email@example.com with the name of attendee(s), job title(s) and contact details for your museum or heritage site. Lunch and refreshments are included.
Open to museums and heritage sites in the East Midlands
This one day work shop will look at how to develop a museums eductaional programme, in particular how to evaluate and market to schools. The course will be led by learning and engagmenet consultant Rebecca Bewick and is run in partnership between Museum Development East Midlands and the Sandford Award.
The programme will include:
Evaluating schools programmes
- Evaluation techniques to help define how successful your education programme is
- Best practice examples
- valuation planning exercises
- Scratch method – Battersea Arts Centre
Marketing to schools
- 4 Ps marketing theory
- How engage schools with education offer
- Print and social media examples
- Best practice examples
- Marketing exercises on how to engage Nursery and Pre Schools, Primary and Secondary markets
Who is it for:
This workshop is for museums who already have a schools offer and would like to develop it further. As it is run in partnership with Sandford, 9 places are taken by Sandford Award particpants and the other 9 are avaiable to delegates from accredited museums or those working towards accreditation.
Teas, coffees and lunch will be provided as part of the day. By signing up to the training you are agreeing to adhere to the MDEM terms and conditions.
To book your place, please click register.