Approaching schools and making links
Organised in partnership with the Sandford Cascade Project this workshop will look at ways you can engage with schools to promote your heritage education programme – from targeting school audiences to developing a strategy and allocating resources. Participants will learn about:
|· latest relevant targets for schools that you can link your offer into
· ways of making links with schools
· different ways of working with schools to increase take up
· how to approach schools when marketing your offer (Primary and Secondary)
· how to approach other education providers (Nurseries, Pre Schools, SEN schools and home education groups)
· how to target the audience to get the best return on your time.
The workshop will be led by Rebecca Bewick who started her career in heritage education working for local authority museums before moving to the education and outreach departments of Historic Royal Palaces and the Houses of Parliament. Rebecca founded Cultural Learning Ltd in 2010 and specialises in audience development.
|Who is this event for?|
|This workshop is aimed at paid staff and volunteers involved in delivering learning programmes at their museum or heritage site.|
The event includes lunch with bookable one to one appointments available before and after the workshop. To book your place, please click register.