Working with MDEM – For Museums
At Museum Development East Midlands we are committed to being transparent in our practices and our expectations of the organisations we work with. On this page you’ll find information on how we store your data, how to request to have any data removed and what MDEM expects of all organisations it works with.
At Museum Development East Midlands we only store personal data which is relevant to our activities. This is in the form of emails for organisations and individuals. As of May 2018 the data protection law is evolving into the General Data Protection Regulation, which has more specific controls on how your data is stored and managed and as such we have the following processes in place:
- How do we use data: the main data we have is emails. We use these to send out information about museums development opportunities. We do not share your data with third parties, however we do sometimes send out opportunities on behalf of other organisations which we believe are of benefit to your museum.
- How we store your data: We are currently working on ensuring all individuals whos emails we hold have given formal consent for this to comply with new regulations. We are contacting each organisation to ensure they are happy with the contact information we have on file. We store all data securely on Leicestershire County Council Server.
- E-News: Our newsletter is via individual subscription, therefore it is up to the individual to sign up to this or unsubscribe via the Mail Chimp web portal. You can sing up here www.mdem.org.uk/news/enews
- Removing data: If you would like us to remove your data, all you need to do is email us with this request and we will work hard to ensure you are taken off all mailing lists. Please send these request to email@example.comBy receiving MDEM support through grants, training or advice you are agreeing to provide MDEM with information in return. MDEM requests the following from each organisation supported.
Working with us:
- We may use any images taken as part of MDEM activity in general marketing and communications.
- Each museum will provide MDEM with case studies on request for activity undertaken with MDEM support.
- Each museum agrees to complete the Business Diagnostic within 3 months of receiving MDEM support.
- Where possible each museum will complete the annual data survey each year.