Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: 1 year fixed term
Salary: £26,000 per annum
To work as part of the Learning & Engagement team to manage and deliver a programme of outreach activities which meet the Silverstone Interactive Museum’s purpose to inspire young people into STEM subjects using Silverstone and Motorsport as the main source of inspiration.
Role Responsibilities include:
• Deliver STEM workshop sessions in schools and education settings, to a wide age range of pupils
• Deliver education sessions at the Silverstone Interactive Museum to a wide age range of pupils
• Working with the Head of Learning & Engagement, develop new workshop ideas and deliver them to education groups
• Contribute to the development of online resources for pre and post workshop sessions
• Foster good relationships with schools and build a network of schools for outreach visits
• Actively find new opportunities for further educational partnership working
• Line-manage the work of outreach and project volunteers as required
• Work with other volunteers and casual staff as needed
• Provide effective, timely reporting both in writing and verbally when required
• Contribute actively to business risk management and Health and Safety management, including risk assessing all activities
Interviews are to be scheduled for early- mid October and may consist of a two-stage approach.
The proposed start date for this role is 1st January 2022 or sooner if available.
This is a full time fixed term position, working 37.5 hours per week (5 days out of 7). There will be the requirement to support some weekends, evenings and some Bank Holidays. There will be a requirement to support at large events, for example the Formula One British Grand Prix.
The post is based at the Silverstone Interactive Museum site, however the role will involve a significant proportion of time at other education settings delivering sessions. There may be overnight stays.
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The post holder will require a full clean driving licence.
This is a description of the job at present. The above is not intended to be a comprehensive list of key responsibilities or duties. Other related duties may be required from time to time. It is the practice of the museum to periodically review job descriptions.
For all enquiries regarding the post please contact Rob Jaina on email@example.com or 01327 320415.