This session will explore the management and documentation involved when borrowing and lending objects, using the Spectrum 5.0 procedures as a framework:
- Loans in – managing objects you borrow for a fixed period of time and for a specific purpose.
- Loans out – assessing requests for you to lend your objects and managing the lending process until loans are returned to you.
There will opportunities to discuss with colleagues, ask questions throughout and submit questions in advance including the opportunity for peer network between trustees across both the East and West Midlands as part of the Trustee Network.
By the end of the session attendees will:
- Understand the role of the Spectrum standard, and its supporting guidance, in relation to museum Accreditation.
- Understand policy considerations for loans.
- Understand responsibilities for borrowing and lending.
- Understand the benefits of lending and borrowing.
- Understand the Spectrum requirements for Loans in and Loans out.
- Know where to find more information and guidance.
Before the session:
If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans in – including the standard and suggested procedure.
If possible, read what Spectrum has to say about Loans out – including the standard and suggested procedure.
Think about how loans are processed in your museum, referring to the in-house procedural manual, if you have access to it. You might also find it useful to have it with you to refer to during the session.
Who should attend?
This training session is specifically for museums trustees based in the East and West Midlands. It is for anyone on a museum board, and no prior collections knowledge is required. As this event is part of the MDEM Trustee Network, we would also recommend delegates sign up to join the free to access network as well.
Please note by signing up to MDEM training you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
MDEM is committed to providing all training in an accessible format and have a dedicated budget to enable this. Please indicate as part of booking if you require any further access support or clarification.
To book your place, please click here.