Are you a trustee new to museums or maybe a trustee wanting a refresher on the museum landscape and your roles and responsibilities?
This twilight workshop is an introduction for museum trustees. We will provide an overview of charity governance, discussion of your role as a museum trustee and an introduction to sector best practice.
There will be opportunity to meet and network with trustees from museums around the region and plenty of time for discussion.
Heather Lomas, MDEM Organisational Health programme consultant is facilitating the event, which will be held on Zoom.
Please join us to:
- Refresh your understanding of your trustee roles and responsibilities
- Identify good governance and how to implement it in your museum
- Develop an overview of the Arts Council England Museum Accreditation Scheme
- Consider how you can work effectively with your fellow trustees to support the museum’s future.
- Understand the role of Museum Development in supporting museums