- You’ll identify what these barriers are and where they’re present.
- Understand how small changes to language and writing style can make you more accessible.
- Gain knowledge of good practice for your website and your social media posts
- Get an overview of when to apply captions, audio and alternative formats.
- Tools to help you manage and measure.
Speaker: Maisie Burns, Communications Officer, Unlimited
Maisie has been working in arts marketing for the last 7 years for various venues across the UK. Currently working for Unlimited, she is responsible for developing and crafting all things communications for the newly independent company. Her work spans many elements of communication, but her speciality is in email marketing, social media, content design and website management. Maisie is also hearing impaired and requires the use of a hearing aid.
Please login 5 minutes before start time
Duration: 2 hours
More details will be sent out once you have registered for the event.
Please note, tickets are for organisations located in the East of England, East Midlands and the South East and registered within the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme.
If you have any further questions, you may find them answered on SHARE Museum East’s FAQs page.
Terms & Conditions:
By booking a place on to SHARE Museums East Training Programme, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are from an East of England, East Midlands or South East museum which is in Arts Council England’s Museum Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable you acknowledge that SHARE will facilitate your attendance if availability permits and that your organisation will pay any fees which may apply.
- It is a condition of receiving this ACE funded training that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline. This deadline is in the email notification unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- By booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel your booking without sufficient notice your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.