Navigating the disposals process can feel very daunting. This session will take a scenario-based approach to explore a variety of disposals issues and themes including collections management and documentation, legal and ethical considerations.
Join our panel of experts who will help you to find a successful path; Sarah Brown (Collections Trust), Alistair Brown (Museums Association), Anita Hollinshead (Museum Development East Midlands) and Professor Janet Ulph (Department of Museums Studies, Leicester University).
Who should attend?
Those involved in decision making and/or management of disposals including staff, volunteers and trustees. It is for staff and volunteers from museums based in the East Midlands. For West Midlands delegates, please click here.
By the end of the session you will
- Understand the legal, ethical and collections management considerations involved in disposals
- Know where to find further guidance about disposals
- Feel more confident when dealing with and discussing disposals with sector colleagues
This session supports the Museum Accreditation Standard:
- 4.2 A policy approved by the governing body for developing collections including acquisitions and disposals
- 5.1 An approved documentation policy
- 5.2 To follow the primary SPECTRUM documentation standards
Please note by signing up to MDEM training you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
The session will be live captioned.
All participants will receive an email containing a Zoom link to the training prior to the event. The email will be sent to the email address used for booking. If you have not received an email by the day of the event please contact us.