Audience Development Programme 2017-18
Is your museum looking at ways of engaging and developing audiences? Do you want to focus on improving your long term audience development? Would you like expert advice and support, to help find a better way forward?
MDEM are happy to launch our new Audience Development Programme as part of its support to museums across the East Midlands. This programme will provide a focus for a selected number of museums to consider who their current audiences are and define potential new audiences.
We believe that one of the best ways of museums developing is talking and learning from each other, as part of this programme we will run three workshops at museums that are taking part in this programme. There will also be an opportunity for successful museums to spend a day visiting with a best practice museum outside the region who has implemented ambitious audience development programmes.
Museums will identify the areas they wish to focus on and will then work in-depth on a one to one basis with MDEM Audience Development consultant, Rebecca Bewick.
- Museums will be supported to create realistic improvement plans for the future and will also engage on a series of peer review visits to encourage sharing of good practice with other museum sites.
- Access to a grant of up to £1,500 to support the action plan.
- 3 half day workshops on audience development looking at relevant themes identified by successful museums
- Each museum will benefit from up to 3 days of input from Rebecca Bewick, the detail of which will be agreed individually.
Potential Areas of Focus
- Marketing Review and Plan – Looking at how the museum currently markets to its audiences and identify new areas of marketing. To include an monthly breakdown of when to market to which audiences.
- Working with new audiences – Looking at working with diverse audiences including older, low socio-economic and non users
- Developing Volunteers – Looking at developing a volunteer recruitment campaign and including a review of your volunteer policy and updated training on best practice for developing volunteers.
- Evaluation – Looking at methods of evaluation and how to make it effective at your museum. This work would also produce bespoke evaluation materials for your museum.
- Marketing Materials – For museums with a marketing plan in place, this would review and produce effective marketing materials to the value of the grant for a specific audience.
- Thursday 14th Sept 2017
- Wed 29th Nov 2017
- Mon 15th Jan 2018
- Best practice site visit will take place on Wednesday 31st Jan 2018
Please note someone from your organisation must be available to attend each workshop, venues are to be confirmed.
How to apply:
We need interested museums to fill in the below Expressions of Interest form, the deadline for this is Monday 28th August to Rebecca Bewick by email email@example.com Attendance to the workshops and site visit are part of the terms of grant. Please note only accredited museum or those working towards accreditation are eligible.
Click here to download the Expression of Interest form: Audience Programme Expression of Interest Form 2017
Please also see supporting information: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME INFORMATION
For more information contact: Rebecca@culutral-learning.com