About this Event
What is it about?
PR can seem mysterious to some and unattainable to others, as most organisations don’t have a dedicated PR expert on the team. In this session, you’ll gain an understanding of the power of PR and what simple things you can do to raise your profile.
You’ll look at:
- How to work with the media; what makes a story and why your story should be covered.
- The process of getting media attention – the purpose of a good press release and what it should cover.
- And you’ll explore the kind of content press and media want from you, key timings, and how to build relationships with local press.
What will you gain?
- Understanding what PR can do for you
- Skills in writing an excellent press release
- Guidance on how to work with local press
Who is it for?
The session will be pitched at those who would like to build on a basic knowledge of PR and communications.
Delivered by Binita Walia
I am an experienced freelance Public Relations consultant. I help organisations raise their visibility with audiences through thoughtful PR strategies and research into the best media to nurture relationships with.
I have been working in communications since 2010 after a successful career as an artist. My clients include Camden Alive, Oily Cart, Entelechy Arts, the Open Data Institute, and an environmental Campaign to save fish from Nuclear Power stations. I am a Member of the Arts Marketing Association; a Board Trustee for Theatre-Rites and I am mentoring an Arts Emergency Mentee during 2020.
Please note: this event is being run in partnership with South East Museum Development. Therefore places are only available to organisations either in the East Midlands or South East region. By signing up to the training you agree to adhere to MDEM’s terms and conditions, including completing the post session evaluation.