AMA Arts Marketing Festival 2020 Bursaries
What is the festival?
The AMA Arts Marketing Festival will be tailored to experience online; a space to address the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Black Lives Matter protests, and the climate crisis, on our work and on the sector.
We have an opportunity to be creative, to experiment and try new things. We are creating a brand-new event, in a new way, in response to the changing world.
The festival will bring together a community of arts & culture marketers, who will deepen their knowledge and understanding of their work, and share learning from their experiences particularly over the past 9-12 months.
We are here for our membership and for the sector; ready to share new thinking, support professional development, and help join the dots in their thinking.
When? Tuesday 1st and Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Museum Development East Midlands are pleased to be offering 6 conference 2020 bursaries to fund the ticket cost of AMA’s Art Marketing Festival. Each space is worth £250 + VAT so these is a great opportunity for individuals in the region.
- Individuals who work or volunteer at an Accredited Museum in the East Midlands
- You museum must have submitted their Organisational Health Check at time of application.
Successful applicants will be asked to write a short case study to share the learning for Museum Development East Midlands’ website.
How to apply:
Complete this application form and return it to Sarah at MDEM by 11th November (please note we have extended this date from the one on the application form.)
What will you gain?
The Arts Marketing Festival will foreground ideas, workshopping, and making connections as much as it will foreground learning. The tone will be uplifting – a celebration of hard work, at the close of a year that has been incredibly hard for all – while understanding and being sensitive to everyone’s situation.
Festival goers will leave with:
- Insight into reopening and audience behavior
- Knowledge of what has and hasn’t worked for peers around comms during this period and what this tells us for future planning
- Understanding of data trends and insight into audience behavior
- Insight into digital trends – has lockdown accelerated digital maturity?
They will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from and link up with their peers
- Be inspired at a much-needed moment
- Reflect on the year just gone and look to 2021
- Gain clear learning and skills development
- EDI and social justice
- Reopening and recovery
- Climate crisis
- Comms in a crisis
- Digital trends
- Audiences – data / insight / behavioural economics
- Managing and influencing change
Types of Session
- Workshops – provocation followed by group work
- The Big Marketing Challenge
- Case studies – members and sector people sharing work in progress
Meeting and Socialising
The Arts Marketing Festival is a chance for us to try new ways of meeting, socialising and networking online. We’ll be running with new ideas and trying different things.
For more information about the festival, please click here.