Regional Collections Symposium 2020: Looking Forward
MDEM are thrilled to present a one day, collections and conservation focused conference: The Regional Collections Symposium 2020: Looking forward.
The day will include a range of regional and national speakers, case studies from across the sector and an exclusive tour of the conservation labs at the University. It will provide information on current and emerging practice as well as practical advice and inspirational case studies to suit all sizes of museums. Speakers include:
- Dr Lynda Skipper, Senior Lecturer, Conservation Department, University of Lincoln
- Paul Croft , Research Fellow, Lincoln Conservation
- Jane Thompson Webb, Conservation Team Leader, Birmingham Museums Trust
- Phil Hackett, Resource Manager, Leicester arts, Museums, Festivals and Events
- Anita Hollinshead, Regional Collections Advisor, MDEM
The morning will host a series of inspirational speakers covering topics such as digital replication of collections, to collections review and apprenticeships in conservation.
The afternoon will have a practical focus, including dealing with pest infestations, rationalising collections and contemporary collecting and repatriation. A full programme will be published shortly.
This event is aimed at all museums, historic houses and heritage sites in the region and is suitable for staff and volunteers who work with collections. Priority booking will be given to those who are from Accredited museums or those working towards Accreditation. The day will include refreshments and a light lunch with lots of networking opportunities.