Working with MDEM – For Museums
Terms and Conditions:
At Museum Development East Midlands we are committed to being transparent in our practices and our expectations of the organisations we work with. Up to date contact details help MDEM better advocate and effectively support the museum sector in the region by sharing best practice, understanding the current and evolving museum landscape, and identifying museum needs.
On this page you’ll find information on how we store your data, how to request to have any data removed and what MDEM expects of all organisations it works with.
Museum Development East Midlands (MDEM) only stores personal data that is relevant to MDEM activities. Data is held in the form of organisational and personal emails where appropriate. From May 2018 the data protection law is evolving into the General Data Protection Regulation, which has more specific controls on how data is stored and managed. To reflect this, MDEM has put the following procedures in place:
- How do we use data: MDEM communicates information about MDEM and related opportunities to museums by email. MDEM does not share museum and personal data with third parties. Occasionally MDEM will forward information on behalf of other organisations where deemed relevant.
- How we store your data: MDEM is currently re-seeking formal consent to hold individual/ personal email addresses to comply with new regulations. MDEM stores all data securely on the Leicestershire County Council Server.
- E-News: Our newsletter is distributed via individual subscription, therefore it is up to the individual to subscribe or unsubscribe via the Mail Chimp web portal. See www.mdem.org.uk/news/enews
- Removing data: Museums and individuals wishing to remove their data from MDEM records should email firstname.lastname@example.orgMuseums receiving MDEM support through grants, training or as part of a specialist programme are agreeing to provide the following information/ consent in return:
Conditions of receiving support from MDEM:
- MDEM can use images supplied by museums in general marketing and communications.
- Museums will provide case studies on request, for activity undertaken with MDEM support.
- Museums will complete the Business Diagnostic within 3 months of receiving MDEM support.
- Museums will complete the regional annual data survey (where possible).
- Additional terms and conditions will be adhered to where issued for grant awards and intensive support programmes.
Should you have any queries contact MDEM programme manager: email@example.com