Succession planning is a crucial element of good governance and MDEM’s Organisational Health Check 2020 highlights succession planning as a key developmental need for many museums.
This MDEM short programme supports museums to consider all elements of good practice in succession planning and enables them to develop a focused and realistic plan for the future. Facilitated by Heather Lomas, MDEM will provide a blend of intensive support to a cohort of 6 museums. Museums who highlighted succession planning as a priority in the Organisational Health Check 2020 were invited to apply.
This programme aims to:
- Support museums in developing plans for succession of trustees and boards
- Champion diversity and encourage museums to have a range of people represented on their boards
- Facilitate museums to develop effective plans and procedures for trustee recruitment.
- Enable museums to develop equality action plans
- Provide museums with peer group meetings, one to one support, resources and signposting
For more information, please contact Heather Lomas.