Looking ahead – developing the museum’s forward/ business plan
- This workshop provides an introduction and refresher to assist museum in developing an effective Forward/Business Plan.
- Join us for a lively day considering the museum’s vision and developing this to focus on business/forward planning good practice
- There will be plenty of time for discussion and sharing ideas, plus practical tips to enable participants to create a workable plan and meet clear objectives.
- The day will provide reference to the Museum Accreditation Standard and ensure participants are aware of all requirements.
Topics covered will include:
Forward planning context
- Why have one?
- When they work & when they don’t
- Who to include in developing the Forward/Business Plan.
Providing a focus for the business/forward plan with organisational vision and purpose
- Your museum’s vision
- Using the vision to frame the forward plan
Developing the plan – a step by step approach
- Reviewing previous plans
- Analysing the environment surrounding the organisations
- Succession planning
- Understanding stakeholder and consultative feedback
- Setting aims and objectives
- Developing a resource plan to meet the outcomes.
Signposting to resources, toolkits and areas of support
We advise that at least two delegates per organisation come along to fully benefit from this forward planning day.
Participants should familiarise themselves with their current forward/business plan prior to attendance.