Grant funds are available to Accredited museums and those working towards Accreditation.
Grants will fund a variety of different projects and can be flexible to meet the needs of your organisation. Grant funds can support and source specialist advice or assistance from consultants, help buy in essential tools and resources, get access to important training for staff and volunteers and help move your plans and projects forward.
MDEM’s three grant programmes are now open again. Due to the high level of demand over the past 12 months we have made some changes to our grant programme to ensure that we support developmental work within as many museums as possible in the East Midlands.
The main changes are:
- You can only apply for 2 of the 3 grants available in a financial year.
- The maximum grant values have changed: Small grants £1500, Collections Access £1000, Business Development £1500.
- There are now 3 assessment panel dates for Business Development Grants: May 15th, September 15th and November 30th. Grants will be sent to the relevant assessment panel depending on when they are submitted.
- Small Grants and Collections Access Grants can be applied for at any time between April-December
- To apply for a Collections Access Grant or Business Development Grant you must speak to the associated programme facilitator first.
- You cannot apply for a grant for work previously undertaken at your museums with an MDEM grant. For example if you have previously bought archival boxes with a grant, this would not qualify for another grant. Please speak to Claire Browne for more information.
Download a summary of our grants here: Museum Development East Midlands- Grants 2017
Search through out grant fund options in the left hand tab, to see which match your needs best. Need some advice? Feel free to contact us.
Please note: all grants are competitive and the grants panel meet on the last working day of each month. You will be notified of the outcome three weeks after this. All museums accessing MDEM support will need to complete the Business Diagnostic within 2 months of application.