This workshop will be delivered by Becki Morris, director of the Disability Collaborative Network (DCN) and will focus on:
- Design decisions and how they can create barriers and discuss potential solutions for your organisation.
- Focus on well-being creating inclusive practice and what it means to you, the organisation and the person.
- Unpick common myths to support you and your organisation with inclusive decision making.
- Becoming more confident in inclusive practice
- The new Accreditation requirements for an Access Policy and Access Plan and how you can meet these.
Delivery will be in an engaging, practical and reflective to organisations in terms of capacity, resources and budget. The workshop will also focus on how inclusive practice benefits the entire team as a workforce and in their service provision.
Please note: by signing up to an MDEM event you agree to meet our terms and conditions of training. These include letting us know if you can’t attend and paying a £25 cancellation fee if you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you can find out more information here: http://bit.ly/2D53lKA
Teas and coffees will be provided throughout the day. Delegates are asked to bring a packed lunch as the on-site café will not be open.
- This workshop provides an introduction and refresher to assist museum in developing an effective Forward/Business Plan.
- Join us for a lively day considering the museum’s vision and developing this to focus on business/forward planning good practice
- There will be plenty of time for discussion and sharing ideas, plus practical tips to enable participants to create a workable plan and meet clear objectives.
- The day will provide reference to the Museum Accreditation Standard and ensure participants are aware of all requirements.
Topics covered will include:
Forward planning context
- Why have one?
- When they work & when they don’t
- Who to include in developing the Forward/Business Plan.
Providing a focus for the business/forward plan with organisational vision and purpose
- Your museum’s vision
- Using the vision to frame the forward plan
Developing the plan – a step by step approach
- Reviewing previous plans
- Analysing the environment surrounding the organisations
- Succession planning
- Understanding stakeholder and consultative feedback
- Setting aims and objectives
- Developing a resource plan to meet the outcomes.
Signposting to resources, toolkits and areas of support
We advise that at least two delegates per organisation come along to fully benefit from this forward planning day.
Participants should familiarise themselves with their current forward/business plan prior to attendance.