Collections Care, Documentation and Display
A selection of downloadable resources and advice about collections care, documentation and display of objects.
AIM Focus Paper: Basic Conservation & Environmental Monitoring
Basic advice about conserving your collections, maintaining and monitoring their environment.
Download the AIM Focus Paper: Basic Conservation & Environmental Monitoring
Collections Care Resources Guide
There is a great deal of information and guidance available from the museum and heritage sector about looking after collections. Much of it is available free online. This guide, written by Mark Laurie, Museum and Heritage Consultant, outlines the main sources of information and some of the most useful introductory books.
Download the Collections Care Resources guide
Collections Trust: Strategic Collections Management
By the end of this webinar participants will have:
- Understood the components of strategic collections management and the PAS197 Code of Practice
- Understood links with the Accreditation standard
- Explored the concept of an integrated collections management framework.
Collections Trust: Buying Collections Management Software
In this webinar participants will learn and understand:
- The role played by a CMS in the management of a museum collection, and reasons for changing it
- The CMS procurement process, including identification of system requirements
- The range of software systems available
- The relevance of SPECTRUM Compliance to the procurement of CMS systems
- Tips on where to start with the procurement process.