Job Opportunity: Conflict and Communities Project Officer
An opportunity has arisen for a Conflict and Communities Project Officer at Northampton Borough Council.
|Salary||£20,660 – £24,174 (pro rota)|
|Contract type||Temporary / fixed-term|
|Working hours||20 hours ( 2.5 days a week fixed term for 20 weeks)|
|Closing date||Thursday 12th October 2017, 12noon|
|Interview date||Monday 23rd October 2017|
The job will complete the delivery of the Heritage Lottery Funded Conflict and Communities The project explores the little documented history of Northampton Borough during WWI. This is a chance to engage with the Museums history collections and work with other members of the Collections Team including the History Curator and Registrar to make the WWI history collections more accessible to the people of Northampton.
The project officer will manage the final project research; development of a digital Flickr archive; and SPECTRUM standard cataloguing on Modes assisted by volunteers and community groups.
The project officer will complete the delivery of the following outcomes assisted by volunteers;
• a digital collection of WWI oral history family stories from identified individuals in Northampton;
• research content for a commemorative ‘1 object a day’ 100 days countdown to end of the First World War;
• a programme of object highlight displays, social media posts, events such as talks and family events, for a programme of activity to mirror the 1 object a day countdown to the end of the First World War;
• a digital archive of objects, photographs, ephemera and documents on Flickr relating to WWI. This will include both historic objects and recent archive developed through the project e.g. images relating to theatre performances;
• an updated catalogue relating to WWI objects to be digitally archived on Flickr. The Management of a large number of volunteers to deliver these outcomes is a vital part of this role.