Invitation to Apply: Banish the Backlog Programme 2019
Does your museum have a documentation backlog which never seems to end? Do you want to move forward in this area but don’t know where to start?
Join the second round of our ‘Banish the Backlog’ programme to receive intensive support, training and grants to develop your collection and move beyond a documentation backlog. Museum Development East Midlands and the Collections Trust have joined forces to provide a yearlong programme to target this area, with the opportunity for ongoing support until 2022.
By joining this year’s programme, you will receive:
- Targeted training for your backlog issues
- Be part of a small peer network
- Access to a small grant to help deliver your key backlog priorities – this can include funding purchasing IT such as laptops and cameras, or providing extra capacity and resources to your collections team as well as other areas
- Tailored advice and support from the Regional Collections Advisor and Collections Trust
- Access to ongoing support until 2022 depending on your needs
- Access to specific training – this year’s cohort have benefited from training in ‘Digitising Collections’ ‘MODES User Training’ and ‘Collections Review and Rationalisation’.
What we need from you:
To join the programme your museum needs to be committed to deliver against your backlog priorities over the next 12 months. This means allowing staff/volunteers to attend training and regional meetings as part of the programme, as well as committing resources to deliver against your particular backlog action plan.
We recommend that 2-3 individuals from each organisation are signed up to the programme to help maintain momentum back at the museum. You will need to have someone available for the following dates: 2nd May, 8th October and 25th February (2020).
How to apply:
Fill in the below expression of interest and return to Regional Collections Advisor Anita Hollinshead email@example.com by the 25th March 2019. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by mid-April. Please note this opportunity is for Accredited Museums and those working towards Accreditation only.