Museums as spaces for wellbeing
Day 1: Monday 3 July – Mansfield Museum & Art Gallery
Day 2: Tuesday 31 October – Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
About the training
Are you interested in exploring how your museum could contribute to people’s health and wellbeing but are not sure where to start? Over the course of two workshops participants will gain the skills and confidence to develop their thinking about this work to support the delivery of health and wellbeing provision within their museum.
The training will help attendees to: overcome the barriers to working with the health sector, create opportunities to contact and meet with potential health and wellbeing partners, begin the process of thinking about your museum its spaces, collections and resources and how they can be utilised in this work, explore ways to measure impact and support organisational change.
This training will be delivered by the National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing which is funded by Arts Council England. Please visit our website for more details: https://museumsandwellbeingalliance.wordpress.com/
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at museum staff or volunteers, who are interested in developing and delivering health and wellbeing work within their organisation.
What will you learn?
Day one will include:
- defining what health and wellbeing can be within museums
- an overview of the health sector landscape and jargon busting
- the chance to hear inspiring case studies from museums who have already set-up this work
- introduce ways to work in partnership with health related organisations
- highlighting and identifying key resources available to support museums
- exploring key work which needs to take place within an organisation before delivering provision
- ways to measure impact
Day two: will focus on networking opportunities for participants to meet with potential partners as well as a chance to hear from other museums about their work
Important information: Please note that the workshops are designed so that people attend both sessions as day one is designed to set the foundations for the second day. If you have any queries regarding this please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place, please click register.