Lone Workers Network Meeting
Kelmarsh, Northampton NN6 9LY
MDEM runs a Lone workers Network across the East Midlands, to support individuals who work in isolation within the museum sector. This might mean they are the only individual on-site, or that they work in a larger organisation but find it hard to meet colleagues, or are geographically isolated.
The group is an informal group, tied together by 3-4 meetings a year. Any one is welcome to attend the meetings, and these are always a visit to museums, with the chance to hear speakers and network with peers. Members can attend as few or as many meetings as possible, due to the acknowledged nature and difficulties of lone working.
The next meeting of the Lone Workers Network Group is themed around Project Management. We will be visiting two very different museums, Kelmarsh hall and Gardens and Harborough Museum. At each venue we will be joined by a speaker explaining recent projects they have managed on-site the challenges, successes and lessons learned for the future.
There will be the opportunity to discuss any challenges or issues at member’s organisations, as well as to gain inspiration through informal tours of both museums.
Agenda for the day:
- 10:30am Welcome and Introductions
- 11am Talk from Tiffany Brownell, Learning and Activities Officer at Kelmarsh Hall – Kelmarsh Hall has recently undertaken large capital investment and reopened areas of the property previously inacesible to the public. Tiffany will look at what happens at the end of a large project and how you transition back into operations.
- 11:30am Group Discussion
- 11:45am – Tour of Kelmarsh Hall, including the newly reopened ‘downstairs’ experience
- 12:45pm Lunch (included)
- 1:30pm Travel to Market Harborough Museum – it is a 5 mile journey which will take approximately 15 minutes by car.
- 2pm: Arrivals and welcome at Market Harborough Museum
- 2:15pm Talk from Timothy Savage, Market Town Museums Office for Leicestershire County Council. Tim will be showcasing the recently launched website for Harborough Museum http://www.harboroughmuseum.org.uk/ . He will be talking through the challenges of a digital project within the local authority and will look at lessons learned throughout the process.
- 3pm – Tour of the Museum
- 4pm – Finish
We will be providing teas and coffees as well as a networking lunch on the day.