Autism Awareness Training takes participants through an introduction to autism, allowing individuals who have little experience or no formal accredited training the opportunity to learn about autism.
The training will be delivered by Autism East Midlands and is aimed at anyone wanting an introductory awareness of the autism spectrum.
Participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- The origins of autism and the autism spectrum
- Current thinking around diagnosis and prevalence
- Communication and information processing
- Social understanding and supporting individual needs
- Sensory issues and promoting autism friendly environments
- Strategies to support emotional wellbeing
Please note: by signing up to an MDEM event you agree to meet our terms and conditions of training. These include letting us know if you can’t attend and paying a £25 cancellation fee if you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you can find out more information here: http://bit.ly/2D53lKA
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided on arrival.