European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards – Apply now!
The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards is Europe’s most prestigious prize in the heritage field.
Every year, it honours the most outstanding heritage achievements from all over Europe. It recognises the excellence and dedication by architects, craftsmen, cultural heritage experts, volunteers, schools, local communities, heritage owners and the media. It stimulates creativity and innovation, through the power of example.
In 2015, the Awards will be given to up to 30 remarkable heritage projects and initiatives in four categories. Up to seven will be selected as Grand Prix winners and receive €10,000 each. One will get the Public Choice Award.
Entries may be submitted from the countries that take part in the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission.
- Architectural Heritage: single buildings or groups of buildings in rural or urban setting;
- Building additions or alterations, or new building projects within historic areas;
- Industrial and engineering structures and sites;
- Cultural landscapes: historic urban environments or townscapes, city or town squares and streetscapes;
- Historic parks and gardens, larger areas of designed landscape or of cultural, environmental and/or agricultural significance;
- Archaeological sites, including underwater archaeology;
- Works of art and collections: collections of artistic and historic significance or old works of art;
- Intangible cultural heritage as practices, representations, expressions, as well as the knowledge and skills that communities, groups and, in some cases, individuals recognise as part of their cultural heritage.
Outstanding achievements in the conservation, enhancement and adaptation to new uses of cultural heritage in any of the above-mentioned areas.
Research and Digitisation
Outstanding research and digitization projects which lead to tangible effects in the conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage in Europe in any of the above-mentioned areas.
Dedicated service by individuals or organisations
Open to individuals or organisations whose contributions over a long period of time demonstrate excellence in the protection, conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage relating to any of the above-mentioned areas in Europe and far exceeding normal expectations in the given context.
Education, Training and Awareness Raising
Outstanding initiatives related to education, training and awareness-raising in the field of tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage in any of the above-mentioned areas, to promote and/or to contribute to the sustainable development of the environment.
Submit your project by 15 October 2014 and share your success!
Find out more
Further information about the Awards, entry information for applicants and entry forms can be found and downloaded on the Europa Nostra website on the Apply for an Award 2015 page.
Find out more about the call for entries for the Europa Nostra Awards 2015.
Find out more about the call for entries for the European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage 2015.
Questions and queries
If you have any questions or queries, or would like further details please contact Elena Bianchi, Heritage Awards Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org