East Midlands Heritage Awards 2017
We would like to invite you to enter the third East Midlands Heritage Awards 2017.
Entry is free and they are a great opportunity to celebrate the wonderful work and outstanding achievements in your museums, historic houses and heritage sites across the region.
By entering for an Award you can:
- Showcase your progress and successes, raising your public profile and recognition.
- Recognise the hard work of your staff and volunteers.
- Share best practice across the heritage and museums sector.
The Awards are organised by Nottingham Trent University, Museum Development East Midlands, East Midlands Museums Service and Lupson Consultancy.
This year we have introduced two new award categories – ‘Totally Voluntary’ and ‘Volunteer Empowerment’. These have been included to recognise your amazing volunteers, both individually and collectively, as well as ensuring that the smaller heritage organisations with limited resources can be equally represented.
In all, there are seven award categories:
- Totally Voluntary – This award will recognise best practice within a heritage organisation that is run by volunteers.
- Volunteer Empowerment – This award will celebrate a project or activity in a heritage organisation where paid staff engage and empower volunteers.
- Engaging Children and Young People – This award will recognise the successful inclusion of children and young people within your organisation
- Heart of the Community – This award will recognise heritage projects that have had a positive impact on people and/or communities.
- Innovation – This award will recognise the successful implementation of innovative practice for your organisation.
- The Wendy Golland Award for Quality Research – This award honours Wendy Golland who chaired EMMS from 2002 to 2013. It recognises groups and individuals who have undertaken and used quality research effectively for the benefit of the public and their organisation.
- Judges Special Award- As with previous years, the Judges Special Award will recognise those museums, heritage sites, and projects that have demonstrated excellence in a particular area or broad range of categories that the judges feel deserves additional recognition.There is no entry form for this category as winners will be shortlisted and selected from the information provided on the entry forms for the categories above.
When deciding which category to enter, think about all the different projects, exhibitions, outreach, events and other work you have been doing between March 2015 and 7th May 2017 (but not necessarily for the whole period of that time).
What has worked really well for your organisation and your visitors? These could open days, events, new exhibitions, community work, research, talks and lectures, collections projects, or work with schools or other projects with children and young people.
The culmination of the Awards will be a presentation ceremony which will take place at Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Campus on Tuesday 17th October 2017.
The ceremony will be a great opportunity for all those involved in museums and heritage across the East Midlands to catch up with friends and colleagues, share success, enjoy a magical day, celebrating all the fabulous work taking place.
We are also proud to announce that the Awards will once again be sponsored by Barker Langham, the leading global cultural consultancy. They will design all plaques and certificates for presentation at the Awards Ceremony. We are also sponsored this year by Tanjun Media, who has designed the Awards 2017 logo. Each category winner will each receive a plaque, as well as significant local and regional promotion. All shortlisted entries will receive a certificate.
The closing date for getting your entry in is 5pm on the 7th July – DEADLINE EXTENSION.
How to apply:
This year we are trialling online entry forms. for access to these forms as well as a downloadable version please contact awards organiser Marc Lupson at email@example.com outlining which categories you are interested in applying for.
You can download all of the awards entry information here: Entry Guidance Notes
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your entry!