Aurora Wellbeing Charity Seeks Heritage Champion
Aurora Wellbeing Centres support local people and their families living with cancer. Anyone with a diagnosis receives a free package of support, wellbeing programmes and holistic & beauty treatments to help raise their self-esteem and confidence. The organisations has centres in Doncaster, Mexborough, Worksop and Bassetlaw.
The charity is currently seeking to appoint a new trustee, responsible for heritage activities at the site.
The Aurora Wellbeing Centres charity is in receipt of Development funding for the Heritage Lottery Funded project, Heritage and Health: Returning the Heritage to the Old Library and Museum, Worksop.
Their move into a listed building has provided an opportunity for a single hub to be created which embraces both the local community and cancer patients in managing their own health and mental wellbeing and in engaging people with their heritage. The concept of heritage as therapy is relatively innovative but the body of evidence is developing. The delivery of heritage programmes from the building will have a direct impact on an individual’s and a community’s wellbeing. It will also enable the project to contribute to the debate around heritage, health and wellbeing and evidence case studies to enable advocacy for the importance of heritage to healthy societies.
Click here for more information on the project: Project overview
The organisation to support this work, is looking to appoint a new trustee to the role of Heritage Champion. In particular they are looking for:
- Interest in the work of a cancer charity
- Interest in links between Wellbeing and Heritage, and the broader impact that Wellbeing can have on society and local communities
- Enthusiasm for the mission and work of the Aurora Charity
- Prepared to make a personal commitment of time to support the delivery of the Aurora Charity’s activities
- Relevant experience within a voluntary, charitable or educational organisation
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Numeracy sufficient to enable understanding and interpretation of budgets and accounts
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to use networks of influence for the Aurora Charity’s benefit
For a full trustee role profile: Trustee Description for Aurora Wellbeing Centre
For more information or to apply for this role please email the team.