Organisational Review Programme: Business Development
Is your museum looking to change ways of working? Do you want to focus on improving your long term sustainability? Would you like expert advice and support, to help find a better way forward?
MDEM are happy to launch the new Organisational Review Programme as part of its business development support. This programme will provide a focus for a selected number of museums to consider their organisational health and to effectively manage change. This bespoke programme will work closely with the successful museums, generating a yearlong plan supported through grants, training and facilitation.
At the end of the programme each museum will have a full understanding of their organisational health, and will have been supported to make positive change, becoming more ambitious and resilient throughout.
- Museums will identify the areas they wish to focus on and will then work in-depth on a one to one basis with MDEM Business Development consultant, Heather Lomas.
- The MDEM Business Diagnostic tool will form an initial starting point to consider the museum’s current performance in key areas and will assist in identifying areas of change and development.
- Museums will be supported to create realistic improvement plans for the future and will also engage on a series of peer review visits to encourage sharing of good practice with other museum sites.
- Access to a grant of up to £1,500 to support the action plan.
- Bespoke training based on identified need.
Each museum will benefit from up to 5 days of input from Heather Lomas, the detail of which will be agreed individually.
Who is it for?
Spaces on this programme are limited, and we expect to support 3 museums in 2017/18. This programme is specifically designed for museums who want to look at organisational review. This might be in governance, organisational structure or another area of museum delivery. It is only open to Accredited Museums.
What we need from you?
We need interested museums to fill in the attached Expressions of Interest Form, the deadline for this is Wednesday 3rd May Please note your museum will need to be available to commit to 5 sessions with Heather Lomas, 2 of which will involve the majority of the governing body or management group.
For more information and to discuss your museums eligibility contact Heather Lomas, Programme Facilitator email@example.com